What if there is NO DEAL on BREXIT, EU citizens will be required to apply for UK Visa after 29 March 2019

uk visa update
Ankara Agreement Visa Entry Clearance: Requirements & Guidelines
January 18, 2019
sole representative visa
Ankara Agreement Visa: Establishing Your Business in the United Kingdom
February 6, 2019
ankara agreement visa

Home Secretary Sajid Javid on 28 January 2019 set out provisions for EU citizens coming to the UK after EU exit in the event of a NO DEAL AGREEMENT.

In the event of no deal, EU citizens will be able to enter the UK to visit, work or study after 29 March 2019. If EU citizen would like to stay in the UK for more than 3 months, they will be required to obtain European Temporary Leave to Remain.

In order to stay longer than 3 months EU citizens will need to apply for permission and receive European Temporary Leave to Remain, which is valid for a further 3 years.

Then if they wishing to stay for longer than 3 years will need to make a further application under the new skills-based future immigration system, which will begin from 2021.

Home Secretary Sajid Javid said:

“If we leave the EU without a deal we will continue to deliver on the referendum result and end free movement once and for all – giving us full control of our borders for the first time in decades…”

Full text of the statement you can read here.

This policy does not apply to those here before exit day, whose rights to live and work will be protected by the EU Settlement Scheme. In order to be protected, you will be required to obtain EU residence permit or EU Permanent Residence Card.

The Home Secretary has set out plans for a new single skills-based immigration system which will operate from 2021. It will enable employers to attract the skills they need from around the world, while ensuring net migration is reduced to sustainable levels.

Mann’s Solutions has expertise in offering UK Immigration services and legal support to individuals and corporate companies, our specialists provide an advice on UK visas including EEA European Residence Permit, Family Permit,EU Permanent Residence Card  and other categories, including settlement status and British Passport in the United Kingdom.