Main eligibility requirements for applicant on Spouse visa UK:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Their partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Legally married or in a civil partnership
- Relationship is genuine and they have intention living together permanently or they have resided together for at least 2 years
- Any previous relationships have broken down permanently
- Supporting yourself without recourse to public funds
- Have an adequate accommodation to live together
For this category, “partner” is recognised as someone who is:
- The applicant’s spouse
- The applicant’s civil partner
- The applicant’s fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner or
- A person who has been living together with the applicant in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application
To obtain Partner Visa UK, the partner will need to demonstrate that their Spouse or Civil Partner has a gross annual income of at least:
- £18,600; plus
- £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
- £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).
Applicant can meet this requirement through salaried and non-salaried income, self-employed income, salary and/or dividends from a company of which partner are a Director, property rental income, dividends and income from investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds, pension income, insurance payments
Obtaining British Passport via Partner Visa UK or “Spouse” Visa
Spouse or Civil Partner visa will be valid for 33 months initially. If applicant apply for leave to remain in the UK as a Spouse or Civil Partner, then applicant will be granted leave valid for 30 months.
***If applicant applying for fiancé or proposed civil partner visa as Entry Clearance that the visa will be granted for 6 months with opportunity to switch to Spouse Visa after marriage taken place within the UK.
Extension of Spouse Visa UK
Main requirements for extension of the leave to remain in the UK as a Spouse or Civil Partner are almost the same as those that apply to initial applications in the Spouse and Civil Partner categories.
Main Requirements applicant must focus on:
- Proof of genius relationship
- Sufficient financial support
- Immigration status requirements again.
- English language requirement
Settlement as a Spouse or Civil Partner
Applicant must spend 5 years (60 months) in the UK as the Spouse or Civil Partner of a British citizen or settled person. Main Requirements to qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Spouse or Civil Partner Visa below:
- Proof of continuing intention to live together permanently in the UK, for any period when you have not done so;
- Higher English Language requirement that applies to settlement applications;
- Proof of passed the Life in the UK test.
British Passport via Spouse or Civil Partner Visa
Main requirements for applicant who married with British citizen:
- Must not been absent from the UK for more than 90 days during the 12-month period immediately preceding the date of your application;
- Must not been absent from the UK for more than 270 days during the intervening three-year period
- Must not breach of the UK immigration laws at any time during that three-year period
- Must be a good character;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.