Start-Up Visa UK eligibility requirements for the applicant:
- At least 18 years old
- Not previously established a business in the UK (unless applicant previously held leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur)
- Have been endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body
- Endorsement letter was issued not more than 3 months before the date of visa application
- Genuinely intend to undertake, and are capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in your application
- Passed English language Test to at least CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
Start-Up Visa UK business idea criteria’s:
Applicant have a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage.
Applicant have or is actively developing, the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and market awareness to successfully run the business.
Business plan has potential for job creation and growth into national markets.
Obtaining British Passport via Start Up Visa UK
1. Obtain Endorsement Letter from Approved Endorsement Body
In order to apply for a Start-up visa, applicant will need to be endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body, there are two options of bodies:
- Higher Education Providers (British Universities)
- Venture Capital Firms
Our immigration advisers can assist applicants to identify an appropriate endorsing body and then prepare a strong application for endorsement which demonstrates their business idea is innovative, viable and scalable.
2. Apply for Visa – Entry Clearance from outside of the UK or switch from relevant visas in the UK
Initial visa will be valid for 2 years, unless applicant were previously granted leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, in which case they will be granted leave for a period that will take them to the maximum 2-year limit.
Applications for Start-up visas made from outside the UK, however it is possible to switch into the Start-up visa category from within the UK if applicant is on following visa category:
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (if not yet been granted 2 years’ leave in the category)
- Tier 2 General
- Tier 2 ICT Skilled Worker
- Tier 4 General Student
Applicant can be the sole founder or member of a Start-up team – they can share the same business idea and plan as another Start-up team member. However, each applicant must obtain their own individual endorsement from an approved endorsing body.
Applicant can bring their family as dependents on this visa and moreover they are able to work on other job, apart their business venture. Main applicant will not be required to spend any particular amount of time in the UK; however, they will need to stay in contact with your endorsing body with checkpoints at 6 and 12 months.
3. Extension of the Leave to Remain via Innovator Visa Route
It is not possible to extend a Start-up visa and Start-up visa holders are not eligible for settlement. However, at the end of 2 years you will be able to apply for further leave to remain in the Innovator category in order to continue developing your business. The Innovator category can lead to settlement after a further 3 years.