Overview of the requirements of Sole Representative Visa for an applicant
- Not be a majority shareholder (no more than 50% of shares) in that overseas business
- Be recruited and employed outside the UK by the company they intend to represent in the UK
- Meet the required standard in English language with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening
- Provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
- Intend to work full-time for the organisation in the UK
- Not intend to take any other employment in the UK
- Be a senior employee – director of the overseas company
Our clients who already obtain Sole Representative Visa with us running businesses:
- Metal recycling industry
- Financial Services
- Venture capital & Investment Services
- IT and AI industry
- Digital Marketing
- Car Rentals
Obtaining British Passport via Sole Representative Visa
Applicant who is applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer, who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK. In order to qualify for this type of visa, applicant must be shareholder with no more than 50% of shares or senior employee in overseas company.
In order to obtain extension of the visa after 3 years of staying in the UK, applicant must continue to be employed as a senior employee with full authority to take operational decisions in the UK private limited company. It’s important to highlight that business still required for employee to be in the UK and provide services or sell products to clients. Overseas business still has its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK. Applicant must provide evidence of financial transactions and Annual Accounts of the subsidiary based in the UK.
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Applicant must spend a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a representative of an overseas business. They required to provide evidence that they been employed throughout the whole period of staying on the visa and provide necessary documents such as P60, payslips and other relevant accounting paperwork to support their application. Applicant will provide knowledge of English language and life in the UK, unless they are exempt.
British Passport via Sole Representative Visa
Indefinite leave to remain holders can apply for naturalisation one year after the grant of settlement and become British Citizens. The requirements for citizenship are as follows:
- The applicant must have passed English Language and Life in the UK test.
- The applicant must be of good character and not have breached any immigration rules in the UK.
- The applicant must have spent no more than 450 days outside the UK in the 5 years before the application.
- The applicant must have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months before the application.