To make your UK Visa application easier, Mann’s Solutions have prepared a detailed list of the latest changes in UK Immigration System. According to UK Government, the changes are the following:
Global Talent Visa
The criteria for senior appointments have changed as well as the definition of research roles and qualifying academic roles.
Skilled Worker Visas
- The minimum skill level is reduced to level 3 (A-level or equivalent).
- The Resident Labour Market Test is removed.
- The £35,800 salary threshold for Settlement applications is being removed.
- The Tier 2 cap is suspended.
- The standard minimum salary requirement is reduced from £30,000 to £25,600.
- Sponsored Workers continue to require a job offer from an approved sponsor (20 points), for a job at an appropriate skill level (20 points) and English language skills at B1 (intermediate) level (10 points).
- The 12-month ‘cooling-off’ period and the six-year maximum length of stay are being removed. The length of stay is not restricted.
- The Tier 2 Generla Visa route is closed to new applications from 1st December 2020.
- All Skilled Worker applications, including dependant partner and child applications, which are made on or after 1st December are decided following the new Skilled Worker rules.
The Proof of English Language
- Applicants have to demonstrate the required knowledge of the English language only to the Home Office.
- Malta is now included in the majority English-speaking countries list.
- An Irish degree has been added as a proof of English language.
Financial Requirements for different type of UK Visas
- Applicants must no longer meet maintenance requirements in these categories: Students, Skilled Workers, Intra-Company Workers, Tier 2 Minister of Religion, Tier 2 Sportspersons, Tier 5 (Temporary Workers), Start-up and Innovator.
- Evidence of funds must be submitted within 31 days of the date of application.
- Currently applicants are no longer required to have a bank certification on every page.
- A broader range of accounts can be provided as evidence of finance.
- The maintenance requirement has increased from £945/month to £1,270/month for Skilled Workers, Intra-Company Workers, Tier 2 Minister of Religion and Sportspersons, Innovators and Start-Ups, Tier 5 (Temporary Workers), including Seasonal Workers, Religious Workers, Charity Workers, Creative and Sporting Workers, International Agreement Workers and Government Authorised Exchange Workers.
- The maintenance requirement for Youth Mobility applicants will be increased from £1,890/month to £2,530/month.
- For most dependants, the maintenance requirement is reduced from £630/month to £285/month for a dependant partner, £315/month for the first child applying and £200/month for each subsequent child.
- The maintenance requirement for Students will be £1,334/month in London and £1,023/month outside of London.
- Currently, visitors are allowed to study for up to six months except for recreational leisure courses. A new short-term study route allows study for 6-11 months.
Tier-2 ICT Visa
- This route will require applicants to be in roles skilled to RQF6, and there is a different minimum salary threshold compared to the main Skilled Worker route. It will not be subject to English language requirements. Still, the business must have employed the worker for a minimum period before the transfer (12 months in the case of Intra-Company Transfers or three months in the case of Intra-Company graduate trainees).
- High-earners; those earning at least £73,900 per year (reduced from £120,000) – do not need to have been working for the sponsoring business overseas for at least 12 months.
- The ‘cooling-off’ period rules will be adjusted for intra-company transfers. An overseas Intra-Company Transfer applicant must not hold entry clearance or leave to enter or remain as an Intra-Company transferee for more than five years in any six-year rolling period.
- Applicants will be permitted to switch into the Skilled Worker route whilst in the UK if they meet the qualifying criteria.
LONDON IMMIGRATION ADVISERS – UK Visas
Mann’s Solutions is international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong and Moscow and has expertise in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration advisers regulated by OISC.
For further information and to find more about UK Immigration System Latest Changes, as well as discuss your personal circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration advisers in London Office, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 207 993 63 46.