Tier 5 Temporary Worker

Apply for Temporary Worker Visa

Temporary Worker visa is for those who want to come to the UK for a short time to gain work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Programme also research or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

Furthermore, the applicants have to be non-European nationals, they must have a sponsor and they will need to meet eligibility requirements. Moreover, a successful applicant will be able to stay in the UK up to 24 months (depends on the scheme).

The Tier 5 Temporary visa is split to different sub-categories which are:

What are you getting?

LEAVE TO ENTER Stay up to 24 months in the UK

EXPERIENCE Improve your CV with some of the best companies in the world


  • Work to gain valuable experience

  • Experience the British culture

  • Jobs are approved by a government scheme

  • Improve your language skills

  • Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
    • This type of visa is aimed towards temporary workers who wish to obtain work experience. However, only those aged 18 to 30 can apply for this type of visa.
  • Tier 5 Government Authorised exchange
    • It is only possible to work under this visa for those who are accepted by a company. Also the company must have an approved Government Scheme. Furthermore, the company must have a Tier 5 sponsorship licence.
  • Tier 5 Religious worker
    • The visa is aimed at those that wish to do religious work such as preaching or work in a religious order. Furthermore, it is only possible to apply if you are a non-European.
  • Tier 5 Creative and Sporting
    • Sportpersons must obtain a visa. Furthermore, this visa can be changed to a Tier 2 Sportsperson after 24 months.
  • Tier 5 Charity Workers
    • Charity workers coming from outside the EU must receive a visa to work for a charity organisation also for those who wish to do unpaid charity work.