Tier 4 Student (Child) Visa
• Tier 4 Student (child) visa
• Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
Apply for Tier 4 Student Visa
Studentsthat wish to come to the United Kingdom under a Tier 4 student (child) visa require an educational institution to sponsor them (in other words, the relevant institution must hold a valid sponsorship licence. The period of the granted visa will depend on the length of the course. Furthermore, this visa can only be applied by only those individuals aged 4 – 17 and they must study in an independent school.
Tier 4 student (child) visa
To apply for this visa you must
• Have a place on a course
• Have the consent of your parent or guardian
• Possess enough funds to cover your fees and living costs
• Not be a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
With Tier 4 student (child) visa you can:
• Study in an independent school
• Apply for outside the UK
• Apply to extend your stay
If you are over 16 you can work:
• Part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week
• Full-time during vacations
• On a work placement as part of you course (but no more than 50% of your course time)
• As a student union sabbatical officer for up to 2 years
With Tier 4 student (child) visa you cannot:
• Study at an academy or a local authority-funded school or a further education college
• Get public funds
Take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed
• Work as dentist or dentist in training
• Work as a professional sportsperson or entertainer
• Settle in the UK with his visa
• Bring in family members – if your parents wish to accompany you, they will need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa
Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they have offered you a place on a course. You will need to enter this on your application.
Your CAS can cover both the pre-sessional course and your main course of study.
You must apply for the visa no later than 6 months after you are sent the CAS.
Extend your visa
It is possible to stay longer to continue your course or study a new one.
You will have to:
• Meet the eligibility requirements of this visa
• Already be in the UK
• Be sponsors by an independent school
Apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa after turning 17 Years Old.