Tier 4 General Visa

Tier 4 General Visa

• Tier 4 General
• Tier 4 General Student
• Extensions Tier 4 Student Visa
• Family Members

Apply for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
Tier 4 (General) visa require a university, college or a similar educational institution that hold a valid licence to sponsor the students who wish to study in the United Kingdom. Moreover, the current system grants student visas for an initial period which varies depending on the length of the course. In general, Tier 4 students can stay in the UK for the duration of a course plus 4 months (a course lasting one year or more) or two months (for courses between six months and a year). Shorter course students can only stay a week after the course is finished.

Do you want to study in the UK?
We can help open the door to your future
Who can Qualify

• Must be a non European national
• Must be 16 or over
• Must have sufficient funds
• Must have a place to study
Achieve your desired degree in top university

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa to study in the UK if you are over 16 and you:
• Have been offered a place on a course
• Can speak, read, write and understand English
• Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course (the amount will depend on the circumstances)
• You are not from a European (EEA) country or Switzerland

With this type of visa you can:
• Study
• Work as a student union sabbatical officer
• Apply from inside and outside the UK
• Apply to extend your stay
• Work in most jobs for 20 hours per week and full-time on vacations

With this visa you cannot:
• Get public funds
• Work in certain jobs for instance, professional sportsperson or sports coach
• Study at an academy or a public school

For this visa you must have:
An unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor
Enough money to support yourself and pay for your course (the amount will depend on the circumstances
Your course must be:
• Full-time leading to a qualification that is at least level 6 on the qualification register
• An overseas course of degree level study that is equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
• Full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organise daytime study
• A recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
Your education provider will need to send you a reference number known as the Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS) after they have offered you a place to study.
For further studies, you can only get a CAS number for a new course if you have studied in the UK before and you are:
• Re-sitting exams or repeating modules
• Applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started at an institution that has lost its Tier 4 sponsorship
• Applying to complete a PhD or other type of doctorate that you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
• Studying for a new qualification at a higher academic level
• Studying for a new qualification at the same level and related to your previous course or career aspirations
• Applying after working as a student sabbatical officer to complete a qualification you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
You will need to prove your language skills when you apply for the visa.
This usually means to pass an IELTS exam (different educational facilities will have different required marks).
You will not need to prove your knowledge of English if you have complete a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in a majority English speaking country (for instance, USA, Canada Jamaica and etc.)
You will also not need to prove your English knowledge if one of the following applies:
• If you have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
• If you are applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA

For this type of visa you will have to show:

• A valid current passport
• Proof that you can support yourself and pay for the course (may vary depending on the circumstances)
• Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you are under 18
• Your tuberculosis test results if your country is on the list
There may be additional documents depending on the circumstances.

Tier 4 Student Visa Extensions
It is possible to stay longer to continue your course, otherwise you can study a new one.
You will have to:
• Meet the requirements of this visa (a place to study, available funds and etc.)
• Be in the UK
You must include your dependants in your application if they are on you current visa, including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You can apply:
• Within 6 months of getting a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
• Before your current visa expires- but no more than 3 months before the course start date on your CAS
Switching is also allowed in this visa type, if you are in the UK under any of the following:
• Tier 1 (post-study Work)
• Any Tier 2 visa
• Tier 4 (Child)
• Any older version student visas
• Valid work permit holder
• Postgraduate doctor or dentist
• Science and engineering graduate Scheme
• International Graduates Scheme
• Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
All dependants should be included who are on your current visa on your application to extend.
You must apply:

Within 6 months of getting your CAS
Before your current visa expires – but no more than 3 months before the course start date on your CAS

Family members – Tier 4 Student Visa
You can bring your family members (dependants) with you.
A dependant in this regard is your:
• Spouse or civil partner
• Unmarried partner
• Child under 18 years old – including if they were born in the UK during your stay
You can apply to bring family with you to the UK if you are:
• Sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at least level 7
• A new government-sponsored student on a course than lasts longer than 6 months
• A doctorate extensions scheme student
You will have to show that your dependants can be supported while they are in the UK.
Each dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them – this is in addition to the money you must have for yourself The amount of money will depend on:
• The length of your course
• Where you are studying in the UK
• Whether you have finished a UK course or are currently studying