TIER 2 SPONSOR LICENCE APPLICATIONS
Tier 2 Sponsorship licence established by UKVI in order to employ skilled workers from non-EU countries, UK employers must first apply for a Tier 2 sponsor licence to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Non-EEA nationals must have a job offer from an employer that has made a successful sponsor licence application before they can apply to come to, or remain in, the UK for work.
Main eligibility requirements for a Sponsor Licence
• UK company is a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK;
• Company is capable of carrying out your sponsor duties and evidencing your compliance in an appropriate timeframe and manner;
In order to establish that UK company is a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK, you will need to submit company-related documents, some of them we mentioned below:
• Certificate of Incorporation
• Company Tax Return CT620
• CT600 tax return and the CT603
• Latest Audited Annual Accounts
• Latest Business Bank Statements
• Lease Agreement of the Commercial Property
• Hierarchy Chart of the Company
• Evidence of compliance with the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT)
• Other Documents
UKVI will assess whether company is honest, dependable and reliable by looking at their history and background, as well as that of the key personnel named on your application and any people involved in the day to day running of your business. UKVI will examine your current human resources and recruitment practices in order to make sure that you are able to fulfil your sponsor duties. Under the genuineness test, Home Office will look at the role that company is seeking to recruit non-EU nationals for and the extent to which this position fits within their company.
Process and Timeline of Obtaining Sponsor Licence
1. Prepare documents and provide evidence of RLMT
UK Company collect relevant documents within their departments and arrange Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT). All documents must be originals or naturized copies.
The Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) is integral to the Tier 2 General recruitment process. It is designed to give settled employees priority in the job market. Unless the vacancy that they are seeking to fill is exempt from the RLMT, a non-EU national worker can only be recruited once company has completed an appropriate RLMT and it has been found that there is no suitable settled employee to fill the vacancy.
2. Mock Immigration Audit
As part of its assessment of whether company is capable of carrying out your sponsor duties, UKVI may visit their business premises. They will inspect your recruitment and human resources procedures and will interview relevant employees.
3. Submission of Application Form and Home Office Interview
UK Company able to apply for a sponsor licence online. At the end of the application, they will need to print out the submission sheet and post it to UKVI, along with the correct supporting documents. The documents will need to be received by UKVI within 5 working days of the date on which the online application form is submitted. Most sponsor licence applications are processed within 8 weeks. As part of the sponsor licence application process, Home Office may visit company’s commercial office to check, if it satisfies the sponsorship criteria.
4. Licence Approval and Validation
After successful approval of licence application, company will be granted an A-rated sponsor licence, following which they can start assigning Certificates of Sponsorship to migrants will be listed under the register of sponsors. Appointed person within a company will be given the Sponsor Management System (SMS) access. This is an online portal where they can manage their licence. They must also use the system to report certain events, such as if a migrant fails to report to work. A sponsor licence is valid for 4 years, after which they will need to apply for a Sponsor Licence Renewal.
How Mann’s Solutions work
1. Conversation with Our Immigration Consultant
Our aim with this session is to make your case optimally strong, show all your strong points as a professional and future business owner.
2. Receiving legal agreement from us
We will send you our Customer Care Letter (CCL) which states all legal information about how we work as an Immigration Law Firm.
You will receive our automated email with invoice attached. Payment of 50% of the invoice value needs to be done before we start your application process. Remaining 50% needs to be paid 3 days before submission of your case to Home Office (Stage 5).
4. Working on your case
We will send you a ’tailored’ list of documents which you need to provide for your application, Our adviser will consult you and fully assist on arranging all documents, prepare case strategy and fully comply with UK immigration law for your application form, then prepare professional and detailed Representation letter to support your case in Home Office.
5. Submitting application to Home Office
Our adviser will submit all necessary forms online and send all original documents to Home Office by post.
6. Obtaining results from Home Office
The Home Office will send your documents and the result of your application to our office after 8 weeks of submitting your application via online portal and send documents by post, but in some cases this period can be longer.
7. Guiding you for Next Steps in the UK
Our Immigration adviser will guide you with next steps regarding immigration law and compliance of the Tier 2 Sponsor Licence.
Mann’s Solutions Services included:
1. Taking full instructions of your circumstances
2. Providing you with a full list of documents required for you to provide
3. Arranging Mock Immigration Audit
4. Completion of the Home Office online application form
5. Full Document check
6. Once all the documents are satisfactory, we will begin to prepare our legal representation letter for your application to accompany your licence application to the Home Office
7. Your application will be thoroughly revised by our senior immigration advisor