Tier 2 (ICT)
Apply for Tier 2 ICT
A person can apply for Tier 2 Intra-Company Visa if an overseas employer has offered a role in a UK branch of the company and if the person is outside the European Economic Area.
This type of visa requires for a person to be sponsored before applying to come to the UK.
What are you getting?
Settlement only if you have acquired the visa before 6 April 2010 (if later it is possible to settle under long residency rules)
NATURALISATION apply for British Citizenship after you receive your settlement
You can bring your family with you
Travel and return to the UK
Study if it does not interfere with your work
Switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa
Tier 2 (intra-Company Transfer) Visa
This type of visa is separated into 4 types:
For transfers of more than 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
For transfers up to 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
For transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate within at least 3 months experience with your employer overseas.
For transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You do not need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.
You can only apply for this type of visa if your certificate of sponsorship was assigned to you on or before 23 November 2016. Employers cannot give new certificates of sponsorship for this type of visa because it is now closed.
To be eligible you must have the following:
- Provide certificate of sponsorship reference number from your sponsor
- Have an “appropriate” salary
- Have proof of £945 in savings
The appropriate salaries are:
- £41,500 for Long-term Staff
- £30,000 for Short-term Staff
- £23,000 for Graduate Trainee
- £24,800 for Skills Transfer
Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa Extensions
You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa.
Prove that you:
- Have the same or similar job to the one you received your previous visa for
- Still work for the employer who provided your certificate of sponsorship
- Still earn an “appropriate salary”
A Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer – Long Term Staff) visa can be extended for the shortest of 3
- The time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days
- The time needed to extend your stay to the maximum time allowed in the category
- 5 years
You can extend all other type of Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa if your original visa was for less than the maximum stay allowed by that type.