Tier 2 (ICT)

What are you getting?

Settlement only if you have acquired the visa before 6 April 2010 (if later it is possible to settle under long residency rules)

NATURALISATION apply for British Citizenship after you receive your settlement


  • You can bring your family with you

  • Travel and return to the UK

  • Study if it does not interfere with your work

  • Switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa

A person can apply for this type of visa if an overseas employer has offered a role in a UK branch of the company and if the person is outside the European Economic Area.

This type of visa requires for a person to be sponsored before applying to come to the UK.

We can help you make a successful application.

Tier 2 (intra-Company Transfer) Visa

This type of visa is separated into 4 types:

Long-term staff

For transfers of more than 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.

Short-term Staff

For transfers up to 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.

Graduate Trainee

For transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate within at least 3 months experience with your employer overseas.

Skills Transfer

For transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You do not need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.

You can only apply for this type of visa if your certificate of sponsorship was assigned to you on or before 23 November 2016. Employers cannot give new certificates of sponsorship for this type of visa because it is now closed.

To be eligible you must have the following:

  • Provide certificate of sponsorship reference number from your sponsor
  • Have an "appropriate" salary
  • Have proof of £945 in savings

The appropriate salaries are:

  • £41,500 for Long-term Staff
  • £30,000 for Short-term Staff
  • £23,000 for Graduate Trainee
  • £24,800 for Skills Transfer

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa Extensions

You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa.

You must prove:

  • You have the same or similar job to the one you received your previous visa for
  • Still work for the employer who provided your certificate of sponsorship
  • Still earn an "appropriate salary"

A Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer - Long Term Staff) visa can be extended for the shortest of 3 options:

  • The time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days
  • The time needed to extend your stay to the maximum time allowed in the category
  • 5 years

You can extend all other type of Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa if your original visa was for less than the maximum stay allowed by that type.

Our past cases

Entrepreneur, London

We were approached by an Australian national who was currently holding a valid Tier 2 visa however, he wished to switch into Tier 1 Entrepreneur. Before coming to us our client has already made purchases for his future café...

(Read more)
Consultant, London

Contacted us seeking advice in regards to her refusal. Our client was refused on the basis of her business plan as it did not convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she had a Genuine Intention of setting up a business in the UK...

(Read more)

Contact us

44 207 99 36 346

Our past Cases

trust-pilot Logo
trust-pilot Text Logo

Great 7.7

"They assist me well...
(read more)
Read some of the latest experiences form our clients Read more reviews
Write a review

Write reviews of our service and share your experience with others

Contact us