The Start-up visa is for non-EEA nationals who are new entrepreneurs and want to establish a business in the UK for the first time.There are no requirements to be a graduate or have secured any initial funding, but applicant must have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea which is approved and supported by an endorsing body.
Main eligibility requirements for a Start-up visa, applicant must:
• At least 18 years old
• Not previously established a business in the UK (unless applicant previously held leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur)
• Have been endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body
• Endorsement letter was issued not more than 3 months before the date of visa application
• Genuinely intend to undertake, and are capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in your application
• Passed English language Test to at least CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
• Have Personal Maintenance at least £945 available to support yourself and £630 for each dependant if any
Applicant’s business proposal must to be endorsed, the approved endorsing body will need to be satisfied that business idea meets all the following criteria:
Applicant have a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage
Applicant have or is actively developing, the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and market awareness to successfully run the business
Business plan has potential for job creation and growth into national markets.
Obtaining British Passport via Start-up Visa
1. Obtain Endorsement Letter from Approved Endorsement Body
In order to apply for a Start-up visa, applicant will need to be endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body, there are two options of bodies:
1. Higher Education Providers (British Universities)
2. Venture Capital Firms
Please see full list HERE.
Our immigration advisers can assist applicants to identify an appropriate endorsing body and then prepare a strong application for endorsement which demonstrates their business idea is innovative, viable and scalable.
2. Apply for Visa – Entry Clearance from outside of the UK or switch from relevant visas in the UK
Initial visa will be valid for 2 years, unless applicant were previously granted leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, in which case they will be granted leave for a period that will take them to the maximum 2-year limit.
Applications for Start-up visas made from outside the UK, however it is possible to switch into the Start-up visa category from within the UK if applicant is on following visa category:
• Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (if not yet been granted 2 years’ leave in the category)
• Tier 2 General
• Tier 2 ICT Skilled Worker
• Tier 4 General Student
Applicant can be the sole founder or member of a Start-up team – they can share the same business idea and plan as another Start-up team member. However, each applicant must obtain their own individual endorsement from an approved endorsing body.
Applicant can bring their family as dependents on this visa and moreover they are able to work on other job, apart their business venture. Main applicant will not be required to spend any particular amount of time in the UK; however, they will need to stay in contact with your endorsing body with checkpoints at 6 and 12 months.
3. Extension of the Leave to Remain via Innovator Visa Route
It is not possible to extend a Start-up visa and Start-up visa holders are not eligible for settlement. However, at the end of 2 years you will be able to apply for further leave to remain in the Innovator category in order to continue developing your business. The Innovator category can lead to settlement after a further 3 years.
Please read information how to apply for Innovator Visa on our page HERE.
How Mann’s Solutions work
1. Conversation with Our Immigration Consultant
Our aim with this session is to make your case optimally strong, show all your strong points as visa applicant.
2. Receiving legal agreement from us
We will send you our Customer Care Letter (CCL) which states all legal information about how we work as an Immigration Law Firm.
You will receive our automated email with invoice attached. Payment of 50% of the invoice value needs to be done before we start your application process. Remaining 50% needs to be paid 3 days before submission of your case to Home Office.
4. Working on your case
We will send you a ’tailored’ list of documents which you need to provide for your application, Our adviser will consult you and fully assist on arranging all documents, prepare case strategy and fully comply with UK immigration law for your application form, then prepare professional and detailed Representation letter to support your case in Home Office.
5. Preparing Business Plan with External Consultant
In cooperation with professional consultant we will prepare a detailed and original business plan based on information applicant will provide to us and explain their expertise in field.
6. Submitting application to Home Office
After obtaining Endorsement Letter from the Body, Our adviser will submit all necessary forms online and arrange an appointment date for YOU to attend UK Visa Centre in your city to bring all original documents.
7. Obtaining results from Home Office
The Home Office will send your documents and the result of your application to our office after 1-2 months of submitting your application, but in some cases this period can be longer.
8.Guiding you for Next Steps in the UK
Our Immigration adviser will guide you with next steps regarding immigration law and compliance of the Visa extension, ILR and British Passport.
Mann’s Solutions Services included:
1. Taking full instructions of your circumstances
2. Providing you with a full list of documents required for you to provide
3. Completion of the Home Office online application form
4. Full Document check
5. Preparation and full support on Business Plan
6. Once all the documents are satisfactory, we will begin to prepare our legal representation letter for your application to accompany your application to the Home Office
7. Your application will be thoroughly revised by our immigration advisor