Partner Visas

Spouse Visas UK

“Spouse” visa category is for applicants who can apply for a family visa to live with their partner, applicant must have a genuine relationship with a person who is settled in the UK, includes a British Citizen, an EU national or a person with Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

Main eligibility requirements for applicant on Spouse visa UK:
• Must be over the age of 18
• Their partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain
• Legally married or in a civil partnership
• Relationship is genuine and they have intention living together permanently or they have resided together for at least 2 years
• Any previous relationships have broken down permanently
• Supporting yourself without recourse to public funds
• Have an adequate accommodation to live together
• Speak and understand English to the required level

For this category, “partner” is recognised as someone who is:
• The applicant’s spouse
• The applicant’s civil partner
• The applicant’s fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner or
• A person who has been living together with the applicant in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application

Partner will need to demonstrate that their Spouse or Civil Partner has a gross annual income of at least:
• £18,600; plus
• £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
• £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).

Applicant can meet this requirement through salaried and non-salaried income, self-employed income, salary and/or dividends from a company of which partner are a Director, property rental income, dividends and income from investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds, pension income, insurance payments.

Obtaining British Passport via “Spouse” Visa

Entry Clearance
Spouse or Civil Partner visa will be valid for 33 months initially. If applicant apply for leave to remain in the UK as a Spouse or Civil Partner, then applicant will be granted leave valid for 30 months.
***If applicant applying for fiancé or proposed civil partner visa as Entry Clearance that the visa will be granted for 6 months with opportunity to switch to Spouse Visa after marriage taken place within the UK.

Extension of Spouse Visa UK
Main requirements for extension of the leave to remain in the UK as a Spouse or Civil Partner are almost the same as those that apply to initial applications in the Spouse and Civil Partner categories. 
Main Requirements applicant must focus on:
• Proof of genius relationship
• Sufficient financial support
• Proof of accommodation
• Immigration status requirements again. 
• English language requirement

Settlement as a Spouse or Civil Partner
Applicant must spend 5 years (60 months) in the UK as the Spouse or Civil Partner of a British citizen or settled person.
Main Requirements to qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Spouse or Civil Partner Visa below:
• Proof of continuing intention to live together permanently in the UK, for any period when you have not done so;
• Higher English Language requirement that applies to settlement applications;
• Proof of passed the Life in the UK test.

British Passport via Spouse or Civil Partner Visa
Main requirements for applicant who married with British citizen:
• Must not been absent from the UK for more than 90 days during the 12-month period immediately preceding the date of your application;
• Must not been absent from the UK for more than 270 days during the intervening three-year period
• Must not breach of the UK immigration laws at any time during that three-year period
• Must be a good character;
• Must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.

How Mann’s Solutions work

1. Conversation with Our Immigration Consultant
Our aim with this session is to make your case optimally strong, show all your strong points as visa applicant.

2. Receiving legal agreement from us
We will send you our Customer Care Letter (CCL) which states all legal information about how we work as an Immigration Law Firm.

3. Payment
You will receive our automated email with invoice attached. Payment of 50% of the invoice value needs to be done before we start your spouse visa application process. Remaining 50% needs to be paid 3 days before submission of your case to Home Office.

4. Working on your case
We will send you a ’tailored’ list of documents which you need to provide for your spouse visa application, Our adviser will consult you and fully assist on arranging all documents, prepare case strategy and fully comply with UK immigration law for your application form, then prepare professional and detailed Representation letter to support your case in Home Office.

5. Submitting Spouse Visa Application to Home Office
Our adviser will submit all necessary forms online and arrange an appointment date for YOU to attend UK Visa Centre in your city to bring all original documents.

6. Obtaining results from Home Office
The Home Office will send your documents and the result of your application to our office after 3 months of submitting your spouse visa application, but in some cases this period can be longer.

7. Guiding you for Next Steps in the UK
Our Immigration adviser will guide you with next steps regarding immigration law and compliance of the Visa extension, ILR and British Passport.

Mann’s Solutions Services included:
1. Taking full instructions of your circumstances
2. Providing you with a full list of documents required for you to provide
3. Completion of the Home Office online application form
4. Full Document check
5. Once all the documents are satisfactory, we will begin to prepare our legal representation letter for your application to accompany your application to the Home Office
6. Your spouse visa application will be thoroughly revised by our immigration advisor