Join Our Webinar on 7 April 2022 "Dubai Investor Visa: Detailed Visa Application Process 2022"
← Back
January 18, 2021

Sole Representative Visa: Required Documents from Head Office

To make application process for Sole Representative Visa easier, Mann’s Solutions prepared a list of documents from Head Office that are required to apply.

When you are applying for a Sole Representative Visa, your employer will need to provide the following documentation:

  • There must be a clear employer-employee relationship, and they must provide a contract of employment to confirm this is the case. It must include things such as confirmation of authority to carry out negotiations and take operational decisions on behalf of the business. It must also include the number of hours the employee is expected to work, salary and other benefits provided appropriate for a senior position.
  • A detailed description of the overseas business activities, comprising details of assets and accounts, and business share distribution and/or ownership for the previous year.
  • A letter confirming the business will register a branch in the UK or establish a wholly owned subsidiary in the same business activity.
  • A letter confirming the sole representative is fully familiarised with the business activities and they possess the relevant skills, experience, knowledge and authority necessary to negotiate and take operational decisions without reference or input from the overseas arm of the business.
  • A notarised statement confirming:

– the applicant will be the business’s sole representative in the UK

– The overseas branch of the business does not have another branch, subsidiary or representative in the UK

– Overseas business operations will remain overseas


Further documents required for extension applications

When a sole representative wishes to extend their stay in the UK, they must supply the following from their employer:

  • A statement confirming they will continue in the same job
  • Evidence of the salary paid to the employee within the last 12 months immediately before the date of the extension application together with details of the salary package the employees receives.


The sole representative must also provide additional information about the UK branch or subsidiary of the business they have set up, including:

  • Evidence they have generated business within the UK on behalf of their employer since they last obtained permission – this must be provided in the manner of accounts, copies of invoices or letters from firms they have done business with, showing the value of such transactions.
  • A certificate of registration from Companies House showing it as a UK establishment (branch)
  • A certificate of incorporation (for a wholly owned subsidiary) with either a letter from the company’s accountants confirming that all shares are held by the overseas business or a copy of the share register.
  • A letter from the sole representative’s employer confirming that they supervise the UK branch or subsidiary.


What documents does a Sole Representative need to obtain personally?

A sole representative will personally need to provide:

  • A valid passport, identity, or travel document which has at least one blank page
  • Proof that they meet the English language requirement
  • Tuberculosis test results if they live in a country that requires a test to be taken
  • Evidence they can support themselves and dependents for the duration of their stay in the UK.



Mann’s Solutions is international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong and Moscow and has expertise in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration advisers regulated by OISC and IMC (Investment Migration Council).

For further information or to discuss your personal circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at or call +44 207 993 63 46.