Join Our Webinar on 7 April 2022 "Dubai Investor Visa: Detailed Visa Application Process 2022"
← Back
February 18, 2021

Sole Representative Visa: Next Steps in the UK after Obtaining the Visa

The Sole Representative Visa route was designed for shareholders and employees of an overseas business, for the establishment of a subsidiary or branch in the UK. To qualify for the visa, the applicant should be an overseas company shareholder or employee. Additionally, the parent company should provide the necessary capital to establish a branch in the UK.

To make your settlement process easier, Mann’s Solutions prepared the answers to the most common general questions about settling and developing business in the United Kingdom. 


How to register with the local police?

Once you managed to arrange accommodation, we advise to register online with a Police appointment and obtain a Certificate of Registration, unless if your nationality is on the list of exempt ones.

What are the next steps I should take after I arrive in the UK?

After you arrive in the UK, you should Collect a BRP card, arrange accommodation and find a school for children, register with the police, open Personal Bank Account, Set up a Limited Company, Open Business bank Account as well as you should Run the Company.

How to open Personal Bank Account?

There are several UK Banks which have proven to have a good quality of service and transparency and user mobility for our international clients. We would recommend using one of the following banks: Barclays, Monzo, Starling Bank, Lloyds, TransferWise.

How to set up a Private Limited Company and open Business Bank Account?

As you need full advice from our partners – Accountants to choose a specific legal structure that suits your needs and UKVI requirements to extend the visa after 3 years. The accountant will outline in detail the procedure and costs of setting up a Private Limited Company and Business Bank Account. We are working closely with our clients and partners to manage clients until they successfully obtain the UK Passport.

How and where I can collect BRP Card?

Once we submitted an online visa application form on behalf of you, we choose which Post Office you are to visit to collect BRP Card – Biometric Resident Permit. You will be given 1-2 weeks to collect it, due to COVID-19 restriction rules of quarantine, this time can be extended.

How I can select suitable accommodation and choose a school for children?

We advise our clients to prepare a detailed plan for renting or purchasing property and plan this step in advance, we support you with our Property Partner to choose a suitable flat or house to buy with different options with International Mortgage, Local mortgage, Cash Purchase.


Extension of Sole Representative Visa

Further Leave to Remain may be extended for three more years of leave upon their initial application, which may then be extended by a further two years upon request. The applicant will have spent 5 years in the United Kingdom to be eligible, assuming all applicable terms and conditions have been met.


Requirements for the extension 

There are a set of requirements that must be followed to apply for Further Leave To Remain:

  • The employer is still based overseas and running Head Quarter company;
  • The employer can declare that the applicant is still necessary to run the branch in the UK;
  • The Applicant remains the permanent full-time employee of the representative branch in the UK;
  • The applicant initially entered the United Kingdom under the Sole Rep scheme as a representative of a non-EEA business;
  • The applicant can provide evidence of sufficient maintenance to support themselves and their dependants included in their application.


Application Forms and Evidence are required for Extension of a Sole representative visa

Sole Representative visa extension application forms available from the Home Office, following the status and requirements of the applicant.


The list of Documents required to support an application will depend on the specifics of the case, however, you can find the below:

  • Passports
  • Travel documents
  • Biometric Residence Permits (BRP)
  • Police registration certificates
  • Personal & Business Bank statements
  • Financial Statements of the branch in the UK
  • Payslips (Representative of an Overseas Business only)
  • Letter from employer (representative of an overseas business only)
  • Documents from Companies House (rep of an Overseas Business only)


Contact our Immigration Lawyers – Sole Representative Visa 

Mann’s Solutions is an international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, and Moscow. We are specialised in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration lawyers are regulated by OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) and IMC (Investment Migration Council).

For further information or to discuss your circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at or call +44 207 993 63 46.