Join Our Webinar on 7 April 2022 "Dubai Investor Visa: Detailed Visa Application Process 2022"
← Back
January 2, 2020

Sole Representative Visa: Documents required for Senior Employee

The number of entrepreneurs is seeking for a sole representative visa to develop their businesses and expand their company presence to the United Kingdom has soared in recent months.

Due to clear political and monetary strategies of British government, the British market is becoming more attractive for international businesses coming from different parts of the world that not European countries.

If you are senior employee in an overseas business and would like to establish the presence of the company in the British market, taking advantage of the new opportunities that are already arising from Brexit, the sole representative visa might be the appropriate route for you to come and settle in the United Kingdom.

Below you can find some frequent asked questions related to shareholding and activity of the business:

  1. I am a senior employee of overseas company. What sort of capacity should I act to be considered for the visa?

A successful applicant for a sole representative visa must be employed by the parent company in a senior job role within the company and bear authority to take operational decisions once in the UK, as indicated by their role in the company hierarchy. Agents hired to market the company’s products in the UK, sales representatives or buyers who only fulfil that role for the company and a secretaries or personal assistants are not eligible for this category.

In the event of someone being hired just for the purpose of setting up the branch, a track record of setting up branches for other companies will be mandatory.

  1. Which documents I should prepare as senior employee in order to succeed with visa?

You will be required to provide fulfilling information about your professional background and financial capacity to support yourself and dependants at the initial stage of being present in the United Kingdom, there are some documents below, but this list is not extensive:

  • Detailed Professional CV
  • Personal Bank Statements
  • Employment Agreement
  • TB Certificate
  • Evidence of English language skills
  • Police Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  1. Which documents I should request from the company?

Document’s list which is required to be prepared by the company the most extensive and detailed, as focus of this visa is establishment of overseas office/branch on this occasion Home Office looking for detailed presentation of Head Quarters in order to grant the visa. You can find some documents below, but this list is not extensive:

  • Business Plan and Letter of Intention
  • Annual Accounts and Business Bank Statements
  • Details of the Parent Company
  • Evidence of company headquarters and hierarchy
  • Contract of employment and Evidence of Planned Future activity in the UK
  1. Can I apply for the visa if I just recently join the company?

Applicant can be solely employed for the purpose of the establishing overseas branch or subsidiary. Employer must explain how they employed the applicant and had job interview and extensive reasons why candidate is the most suitable for this role and their professional characteristics and industry experience.

Have you decided to apply for the visa, you must take steps in order to prepare the documentary evidence required by the Home Office, which involves extensive employment documents, financial documents and a solid business Plan.


You can request 15 minutes free consultation from our immigration lawyers; it will be conducted over the phone only.

Mann’s Solutions is international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, Istanbul and St Petersburg and has expertise in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration lawyers regulated by OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner).

For further information or to discuss your personal circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at or call +44 207 993 63 46.