UK Short-Term Study visa

Apply for Short term study in the UK

The short-term study visa is perfect for those individuals who wish to come to the UK with the sole intention of studying. It is possible to obtain a visa up to 11 months (for individuals under 18 this visa is capped to 6 months). However, while it is possible to obtain an 11-month visa, the period itself will depend on how long your course in the UK will last.

Do you want to study English in the UK?

Make your first step to improve your language

Who can Qualify

  • Must be a non-European national
  • If aged under 18 must have permission
  • Must have sufficient funds

Do not miss your chance to experience the British lifestyle and culture!

View our Professional Fees


FAQ – Short-Term Study Visa

How long can I stay in the UK

If you are over 18 you can stay up to 11 months in the UK (if you are under 18 you can spend up to 6 months in the UK). Please note, this visa is not extendable, in other words if you stay in the UK for 6-11 months you will have to leave at the day that your visa states.

How much money will I need

You will have to cover your cost for tuition and accommodation. The immigration rules do not state how much money a person will need a month in this type of visa route. To calculate such amount necessities as phone bills, food, travel costs and etc. should be taken into account. Some institution suggest around £800 a month however, it changes per individual case.

Can I bring my family with me

No, under this route you can only come alone. Your family would need to apply separately.

What can I do with this visa

With this type of visa you are only allowed to study in your enrolled educational institution.

Where can I study under this visa

Can be accepted on a course with an education provider that holds a Tier 4 Sponsor licence. Otherwise your course will ned to be held at an educational institution that has proper accreditation (for instance, Independent Schools Inspectorate)

When can I apply for short-term study visa

You can apply 3 months from the start of your course.

UK Short term study visa

Short-term study visa is for those who wish to study temporarily study in the UK.

To come to the UK under this type of visa you must be:
  • Over 18 years (if you wish to study for 11 months, under 18 can study up to 6 months)
  • You are enrolled abroad that is at least equivalent to the level of a UK bachelor’s degree, you can enter up to 6 months to do research)
  • A non-European national)

For short-term study visa you must be have a place to study (be enrolled) and have accommodation arranged for you.

Under this visa you can:

  • Do a short course of study in the UK such as English language
  • Do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

Under this visa you cannot:

  • Study in a public school
  • Work
  • Extend this type of visa
  • Bring family members with you
  • Get public funds

Requirements for Short term study visa

For this type of visa you must show that you:

  • Have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
  • Have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that friends or relatives can house you
  • Can pay for your return or onward journey

For those who are under 18 must:

  • Have arrangements made for travel and stay in the UK
  • Have permission from a parent or legal guardian to study in the UK

The documents you must provide must be:

  • Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip e.g.. Bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
  • Details of where you will stay during your time in the UK
  • Pass a Tuberculosis (TB) test
  • Parent or legal guardian contact details

You will have to provide proof of the course you are studying, these documents include:

  • Letter of acceptance
  • Accommodation letter (if the school is providing it)

You may also submit additional documents:

  • Previous studies (e.g. academic certificates, references or transcripts
  • English language qualifications
  • Permission to be in the country you are applying from (if you are not a national of the country you are applying from)
  • Financial sponsor’s occupation, income, savings or funds that will support your studies.

Our Approach to UK Visas

  • Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3
  • Step 4
  • Step 5
  • Initial Consultation
  • Document Collection
  • Document review
  • Finalisation of Immigration Matter
  • Home Office Decision