- UK Immigration
- Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Settlement & Passport
- Employers & Employees
- About Us
- Insight & Opinion
Investor Visa is not only the fastest route to settlement in the UK but also opens many business opportunities for investors and their families. In recent years, Investor Visa became especially popular among our Honk Kong and Chinese clients despite the global pandemic.
Tier 1 Investor visa was initially designed for high-net-worth individuals who can invest from £2,000,000 in the UK and now, offers an opportunity to settle in the UK only after 2 years, with a £10 million investment.
· Must be 18 years old or over
· Have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds, which has been held for a consecutive 2-year period
· No English language requirements for initial application
· No individual maintenance requirement
· Applicant and any adult dependents will need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country that they have lived in for at least 12 months in the last 10 years
· Can work and study
In order to settle in the UK as a Tier 1 Investor after 5 years, the applicant will need to show that:
· They have invested not less than £2m of your capital in the UK by way of share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
· They have maintained at least £2m of their funds, under their own control in the UK
· Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10,000,000
· Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5,000,000
· Apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £2,000,000
· Enter with their family or they can join the applicant at a later date during the term of their visa
The applicant will be required to demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge of the English language and Life in the UK. Moreover, they can spend up to 6 months outside the UK each year and still qualify for ILR. For settlement applications made from 11 January 2018, the Home Office will consider absences from the UK on a rolling basis, rather than in separate consecutive 12-month periods.
Indefinite leave to remain holders can apply for naturalisation one year after the grant of settlement (ILR) and become British Citizen.
The requirements for citizenship are as follows:
· The applicant must have passed English Language and Life in the UK test
· The applicant must be of good character and not have breached any immigration rules in the UK
· The applicant must have spent no more than 450 days outside the UK in the 5 years before the application
· The applicant must have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months before the application for Naturalisation
Different requirements apply to Tier 1 Investors who applied to enter the category under the Immigration Rules in force before 6 November 2014 and 29 March 2019.
· Holding amount of funds at least £2m belonging to applicant, family member, or the two of them jointly
· The money is held in a regulated financial institution – FCA license required
· UK Investment account is opened with the UK regulated bank to invest the funds in the UK
· If Applicant has not held the funds for 2 years consecutively before the date of the application, the applicant must also provide evidence of the source of the funds
· The Applicant can rely on money that is owned either jointly with, or solely by, your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner
· £2m under applicant’s control in the UK – Applicant will be required to prove that they invested the funds within 3 months of their ‘investor visa start date
· Applicant has maintained at least £2 million of their funds, under their control, in a permitted investment in the UK
· Standard processing times for processing time is currently approximately 8 weeks, priority Service may be available for a visa extension which should allow for a decision to be made within 10 working days.
Settlement – ILR
Mann’s Solutions is an international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, and Moscow. We are specialized in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration lawyers are regulated by OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) and IMC (Investment Migration Council).
We publish News, Knowledge Articles and Industry Reports prepared by Our TeamSee all news