MALTA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Overview of the ProgramMaltese citizenship is one of the lucrative programs with freedom to live in any of the 28 EU countries through the Individual Investor Program of the Republic of Malta. The minimum investments required are €896,000 - €1,150,000, almost half the cost of alternative EU programs. The investment amount varies depending on whether an applicant decides to proceed with buying or renting a property.
Benefits of the Citizenship
• Malta Citizenship by Investment offers second passport within 14 months through accelerated application process
• Alternative EU citizenship from just from €896,000, Including spouse, children, adult dependants as well as parents of the main applicant
• Visa-free access to over 182 countries, including EU, UK, Canada & USA
• Taxation on remittance basis available to non-domiciled individuals & Extensive treaty protection from double taxation
• After 5 years, investments in government bonds and property can be released
• Malta allows for dual citizenship and transferable to descendants
Malta Citizenship by investment program requires a minimum investment in range of €896,000 - €1,150,000, depending on whether an applicant decides to purchase or lease a property. Out of this amount, a non-refundable €650,000 will be contributed to the national development fund set up by the government. The remaining amount is spread between an €150,000 investment in government-approved financial instruments and acquisition of a property in Malta, with an option to purchase property for a minimum value of €350,000 or lease a property for at least €16,000 per annum. Additionally, it is obligatory to hold a global health insurance policy with a cover amount of €50,000 for each family member.
1. Non-refundable contribution - €650,000
2. Investments in Government bonds or securities - €150,000
3. Rent or purchase a property - €80,000 (Rent) OR €350,000 (Buy)
4. Private health insurance policy - €3,000
Non-refundable contribution to the National Development & Social Fund set up by the government and to be held for a minimum of 5 years after citizenship has been granted. Moreover, an applicant will be required to buy a property for a minimum value of €350,000 or lease a property for at least €16,000 p.a. The property must be held for the duration of their residence card (minimum 12 months) and a further 5 years after citizenship has been granted. Additionally, his/her family should have valid medical insurance per person with the annual insurance payment will total up to €600 per family member.
How Mann’s work
Mann’s focus is to provide a professional and accurate service assisting applicants with a residency application.
1. Conversation with Our Immigration Consultant
Our aim with this session is to make your case optimally strong, show all your strong points as a professional and future business owner.
2. Receiving legal agreement from us
We will send you our Customer Care Letter (CCL) which states all legal information about how we work as an Immigration Law Firm.
3. Choose investment options
Our consultants will search for valuable property projects in order to comply with client’s investment expectations and prepare investment proposal to secure the deal.
4. Working on your case & Submit Residency application
We will send you a ’tailored’ list of documents which you need to provide for your application, our solicitor will consult you and fully assist on arranging all documents, prepare case strategy and your application form. Processing time is 1-2 months. Once all your original documents are collected and sent to us, citizenship specialists will review your file and prepare it for submission. The complete file will be submitted to the Government of Malta via an authorised local agent, as required by law. Residency Permit will be valid for 12 months.
5. Processing of application for Citizenship
The Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme is the first EU approved citizenship Programme to be launched in Malta, where each application is vetted by the Government through a thorough due diligence background check, during which time submitted information is examined and verified. There is currently no interview requirement.
6. Receive your pre-approval
Once the application is reviewed by the Government and the decision is made, the applicant will be issued a letter advising of the decision. This letter will be forwarded to applicant. Processing time is 14 months.
7. Complete the investment & acquire a Maltese passport in 14 months
Our advisers will advise and assist client on transfer the non-refundable contribution amount to Malta within 20 days. Within 4 months, complete the investment into Malta government bonds, sign a 5-year lease agreement or purchase a property, extend their health insurance and provide evidence of time spent in Malta.