- Guardianship associated with accommodation, travel arrangements and academic progress
- Provision of immigration advice
- Provision of list of necessary documents
- Visa application form preparation
What’s NOT included?
- Education costs
- Travel costs and airport transfers
- Tier 4 Child student visa fee (£328, payable to the UK government)
- Healthcare surcharge
Studying in the UK is not only a chance to discover its unique culture, cities and countryside. When it comes to starting your career, UK qualifications are also a great boost to your salary, as well as to your CV. That’s why this country is a popular choice among international students.
UK boarding schools offer you excellent teaching, facilities and support. UK education is all about giving you the inspiration to help you develop your skills and knowledge, the freedom to be creative and the support to help you achieve your best.
In order to comply with child guardianship and student guardianship rules, the majority of UK boarding schools require international students to have a UK based educational guardian in this country. This person must be available at all times to act for parents and respond to the needs of both the student and the requirements of the school.
Once you have enrolled onto our Guardianship programme, you can relax knowing that we will organise a
secure guardianship for your child.
Dates & Duration
Every school sets its own term dates but in general there are three terms:
- Autumn term(from September until mid-December)
- Spring term (from early January until Easter)
- Summer term (after Easter until early July)
Your age and the length of your course of study will affect how long you can stay.
- If you are under 16, the visa is issued for a period of a course length (up to 6 years) plus 4 months afterwards.
- If you are 16 or 17, the visa is issued for a period of a course length (up to 3 years) plus 4 months afterwards.
- Non-EU national
- Age 4-17
- Must have a place on a course
- Should have a consent of your parent or guardian
- Must have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs
Mann’s Solutions provides a professional, first class guardianship service to overseas students in UK Boarding Schools and Universities. Our leading programmes are available at over 500 schools and universities across England, Scotland and Wales.
A Mann’s Solutions guardian will ensure that all the needs of your child are met and offers parents peace of mind and security in the knowledge that there is always someone there to give a helping hand. Our UK Guardianship programme offers a total care package from day one of a student’s stay in the UK and throughout their study period.
At a boarding school, your child live with other pupils in a boarding house – there might be several boarding houses in each school. Girls and boys stay in separate accommodation.
In each boarding house, there will be at least one house parent who lives on the premises.
Young children will probably share a bedroom or dormitory with other children.
Older boarders usually have their own private bedroom, or share a room with just one other pupil.
Most boarding houses have comfortable communal areas where pupils can relax, socialise and watch television with their fellow pupils, or play indoor activities like table tennis, table football, pool or snooker. Many have a small kitchen area too.
We advice all participants to take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance, prior to arriving the UK.