- UK Immigration
- Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Settlement & Passport
- Employers & Employees
- About Us
- Insight & Opinion
The Sole Representative Visa allows individuals to come to the UK and establish a business as a representative of an overseas company. Visa holders will be permitted to set up a UK company branch or a subsidiary of their existing business.
The visa is best for small and medium-size companies, as the capital requirements are smaller than for other visas. Moreover, the visa allows to test UK market by employing local staff and provides certain exemptions to criteria needed in other visas.
For those who want to settle in the UK, Sole Representative Visa route allows the applicant and applicant’s family to stay in the UK for 3 years. After this period, the person will need to submit an application for ILR, which will be valid for another 2 years. It will be possible to apply for Settlement and Citizenship after 5 years in the UK.
– The applicant is not a majority shareholder in overseas business (no more than 50% of shares)
– The applicant is recruited and employed outside the UK by the overseas company
– Required standard in English language with at least CEFR level A1 is met
– The applicant can provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and their dependants without recourse to public funds
– The applicant intends to work full-time for the organisation in the UK
– The applicant does not intend to take any other employment in the UK
– The applicants is a senior employee – and will be a director of the overseas company
– Have full authority to make key operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business for the purpose of representing it in the UK
Taking into consideration the new immigration category Global Business Mobility Visa that will be launched by Spring 2022, Mann’s solutions advises applying for Sole Representative Visa route as soon as possible. The new visa route will be designed specifically for overseas businesses that wish to establish a presence in the UK, or transfer staff and might replace the existing Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa or stay alongside.
Click HERE to find out more and read the Top 10 most common questions about Sole Representative Visa.
Contact our Immigration Lawyers – UK Business and Corporate Visas
Mann’s Solutions is an international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, and Moscow. We are specialised in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration lawyers are regulated by OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) and IMC (Investment Migration Council).
For further information or to discuss your circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 993 63 46.
We publish News, Knowledge Articles and Industry Reports prepared by Our TeamSee all news