Short-Term Study Visa

This type of visa is perfect for those individuals who wish to come to the UK with the sole intention of studying. It is possible to obtain a visa up to 11 months (for individuals under 18 this visa is capped to 6 months). However, while it is possible to obtain an 11-month visa, the period itself will depend on how long your course in the UK will last.

We can help you make a successful application.

Short-term Sudy Visa

This visa is for those who wish to study temporarily study in the UK. To come to the UK under this type of visa you must be:

For this type of visa you must be have a place to study (be enrolled) and have accommodation arranged for you.

Under this visa you can:

Under this visa you cannot:


For this type of visa you must show that you:

For those who are under 18 must:

The documents you must provide must be:

You will have to provide proof of the course you are studying, these documents include:

You may also submit additional documents:

Short-term Visa - Frequently Asked Questions

How long can I stay in the UK?

If you are over 18 you can stay up to 11 months in the UK (if you are under 18 you can spend up to 6 months in the UK). Please note, this visa is not extendable, in other words if you stay in the UK for 6-11 months you will have to leave at the day that your visa states.

How much money will I need?

You will have to cover your cost for tuition and accommodation. The immigration rules do not state how much money a person will need a month in this type of visa route. To calculate such amount necessities as phone bills, food, travel costs and etc. should be taken into account. Some institution suggest around £800 a month however, it changes per individual case.

Can I bring my family with me?

No, under this route you can only come alone. Your family would need to apply separately.

What can I do with this visa?

With this type of visa you are only allowed to study in your enrolled educational institution.

Where can I study under this visa?

Can be accepted on a course with an education provider that holds a Tier 4 Sponsor licence. Otherwise your course will ned to be held at an educational institution that has proper accreditation (for instance, Independent Schools Inspectorate)

When can I apply for this visa?

You can apply 3 months from the start of your course.

What are you getting?

You can study up to 11 months

You can volunteer while you study in the UK


Call us at +44 (0) 207 99 36 346

Free Assessment

Would you like free advice from our experts? Fill in this form and our lawyers will contact you as soon as possible