Compliance Support

Every UK business must adhere to compliance when they operate as a trading business. If a company holds a sponsorship licence to employ or educate people that need permission from the Home Office, there will be an expectation from you to fulfil various duties. Failure to comply will most likely mean your Sponsor licence may be revoked.

Each business who holds such a licence should know where the migrant staff are during working hours and that any changes are recorded and updated appropriately via the SMS system.

We can help you fulfill their expectations.

Compliance Support

The Home Office will regularly update their extensive lists regarding guidance and appendices on sponsorship.

Therefore it is vital that a business that employs migrants must be fully aware of your current and updated duties, responsibilities and possible problems that may initially appear to be routine issues.

We are able to offer you advice on compliance issues under the sponsorship licence that you currently hold (Tier 2, Tier 4 or Tier 5). This service is to ensure that you will maintain your licence rating and that your personnel are kept up to date on rule changes which may affect your business.

As part of your duties, you have to report on any changes in regards to the relevant migrant workers. For example, changes to the migrants circumstances, changes to your business structure and etc. These changes must be recorded on the Sponsorship Management System (SMS) in a timely manner.

The company has to retain certain migrant documentation to ensure full compliance with the sponsorship requirements.

We can help you with:

If your business has received a category B rating we can assist you to effectively implement any recommended action plan in order for your full licence category rating to be reinstated.

In the event that your licence has been suspended or revoked we can assist you by way of Judicial Review. We at Mann's Solutions have comprehensive experience in challenges decisions made by the Home Office. We can help make a difference.

Frequently asked questions - Compliance Support

What do I need to report to the Home Office?

You will need to report your migrant working forces activities. For instance, have they been late for work, have they been avoiding work on purpose and etc.

When can I apply for a licence?

There is no specific time frame. However, you should be prepared (in terms of documentation) and make sure that everything is in order.

How many migrants can I employ?

You are given a certain limit on how much migrants you can employ each month. That number resets every month.

How many people need to oversee reporting?

One person can be enough to fit all roles in regards to supporting.

Will the Home Office conduct a visit?

The Home Office can send their staff to inspect your place of work announced or unannounced. It would be in your best interest to make sure everything is in order and complies with the relevant laws.

Can I immediately hire a migrant worker?

No, you will first need to pass the RLMT (resident labour market test) before you can employ a migrant worker. This test is basically a 28 day advertisement for that job position (conditions apply).

What kind of documents will I need to show?

Under the guidance you must show at least 4 documents in regards to your firm. However, you are encouraged to present more, if the Home Office will not understand some documents they will move on to the next.

What are you getting?

LEGAL SUPPORT acting as your legal representative during Home Office visits

RATING Assisting you in keeping an A - rating


Call us at +44 (0) 207 99 36 346

Free Assessment

Would you like free advice from our experts? Fill in this form and our lawyers will contact you as soon as possible