The new Golden Visa Act, which will come into force in 2022, will focus on real estate investment in the interior of Madeira, the Azores, and the continent of Portugal. For investment in residential real estate, the issuance of residence permits through investment activities is in the territory of the Inland Community (CIM), and the islands, namely Madeira and the Azores.
Investment in real estate for tourism, trade, and services is still excluded from the DL and can be made in the settlements of Lisbon and Porto, and in the coastal communities between local governments. The internal area where a golden visa was approved in Portugal is set out in Decree No. 208/2017 on 13 July. This regulation separates territorial areas that would benefit from the measures of the National Territorial Cooperation Program (PNCT), which could be an incentive for the development of internal areas.
Below is a list of counties that are part of the inland region of the Portuguese continent.
- Alentejo Central
- Alentejo Litoral
- Alto Alentejo
- Alto Minho
- Alto Tâmega
- Área Metropolitana do Porto Concelhos
- Baixo Alentejo
- Beira Baixa
- Beiras e Serra da Estrela
- Lezíria do Tejo
- Médio Tejo
- Região de Aveiro
- Região de Coimbra
- Região de Leiria
- Região de Viseu Dão Lafões Concelhos
- Tâmega e Sousa
- Terras de Trás -os -Montes
- Algarve Loulé
- Algarve Silves
- Algarve Tavira
- Alto Minho Caminha
- Alto Minho Ponte de Lima
- Alto Minho Valença
- Alto Minho Viana do Castelo
- Área Metropolitana do Porto Vale de Cambra
- Ave Guimarães
- Cávado Amares
- Lezíria do Tejo Santarém
- Médio Tejo Tomar
- Médio Tejo Ourém
- Região de Aveiro Águeda
- Região de Coimbra Condeixa-a-Nova
- Região de Leiria Pombal
- Região de Leiria Porto de Mós
- Região de Viseu Dão Lafões Viseu
- Tâmega e Sousa Amarante
- Tâmega e Sousa Castelo de Paiva
- Tâmega e Sousa Marco de Canaveses
Full Support with our Immigration Advisers & Property Consultants:
Property search based on your requirements (from residential properties to high-value luxury developments)
– Property virtual tours, 3-D tours, and in-person tours available.
– Due diligence checks and additional property checks completed by our experts.
– Residency & Citizenship document preparation and submission.
– Full support until you receive your second passport & residency.
Mann’s Solutions is an international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, and Moscow and has expertise in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration advisers are regulated by OISC and IMC (Investment Migration Council).
For further information or to discuss your circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 207 993 63 46.
Photo by Leon Bublitz on Unsplash