Investor Visa, especially popular among our Honk Kong and Chinese clients, is not only the fastest route to settlement in the UK but also opens many opportunities for investors. Initially designed for high-net-worth individuals who can invest from £2,000,000 in the UK, Investor Visa offers an opportunity to settle in the UK only after 2 years, with a £10 million investment.
Please find below the document needed to apply:
- Passport or other valid identification
- Tuberculosis test results (if you’re from a country where you have to take the test)
- Criminal record certificate (from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months)
* For any documents that are not in English or Welsh, the applicant will need to provide a certified translation.
Evidence of investment funds
When using your own money for the Investment, the applicant will have to show:
- The amount of money he has and where it’s being held
- Proof of where the money came from if you’ve had the money for less than 2 years
- That the money can be transferred to the UK
Proof of UK Bank Account
The investor will have to provide a letter that must be:
· Dated within 3 months of the application
· Be on the official headed paper of the UK bank
· Letter should state name and account number
· Confirm that the bank is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
· Confirm the account was opened with the bank to invest £2,000,000
· Confirm that the checks for money-laundering have been carried out
Alongside the above-mentioned documentation, the investor will need to meet the following requirements:
· Must be 18 years old or over
· Have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds, which has been held for a consecutive 2-year period
· No English language requirements for initial application
· No individual maintenance requirement
· Applicant and any adult dependents will need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country that they have lived in for at least 12 months in the last 10 years
· Can work and study
How to Obtain a British Passport via Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Indefinite leave to remain holders can apply for naturalisation one year after the grant of settlement (ILR) and become British Citizen.
The requirements for citizenship are as follows:
· The applicant must have passed English Language and Life in the UK test
· The applicant must be of good character and not have breached any immigration rules in the UK
· The applicant must have spent no more than 450 days outside the UK in the 5 years before the application
· The applicant must have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months before the application for Naturalisation
Different requirements apply to Tier 1 Investors who applied to enter the category under the Immigration Rules in force before 6 November 2014 and 29 March 2019.
Contact our Immigration Lawyers – UK Business and Corporate Visas
Mann’s Solutions is an international immigration law firm with offices in London, Hong Kong, and Moscow. We are specialized in offering UK Visas and Immigration by Investment services to high net worth individuals. Our immigration lawyers are regulated by OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) and IMC (Investment Migration Council).
For further information or to discuss your circumstances in a private consultation with our immigration lawyers in London Office, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 207 993 63 46.