Резидентская карта для граждан EEA

EEA Residence Card

• EEA Residence Card
• Other Eligible Routes
• Surinder Singh Cases

Apply for European Economic Area Residence Card
EEA Residence Card is aimed at family member of European Nationals who are in the UK. In addition, this type of document will grant those Family Members 5 years of residence.
Not to mention, to be eligible for this type of document the European Family Member must be exercising his treaty rights.
In other words, the person in question must be:

• A worker
• Self-employed
• Student
• Self-sufficient
After the 5-year period the Family Members can apply under EU law for Permanent Residence (PR) documentation just like their European Family Member.

EEA Residence Card
EEA Residence Card is for those family members who are related to a European national. Moreover, the relevant family member must:
• Apply for this type of visa inside the UK
• Have proof that you have some sort of relation to the European

Other ways you can apply for EEA Residence Card are: • With a derivative right of residence (you are the carer of someone who has the right to be in the UK, the carer’s child, or the child of an EEA national who has previously worked in the UK)
• Under the ‘Surinder Singh’ route (you are the family member of a British citizen who has lived and worked in another EEA country)
• With a Retained Right of Residence (you have the right to stay in the UK as the family member of an EEA national who has died, left the UK or is no longer your spouse or civil partner.

A Family Member under this route is:
• Spouse, civil partner
• Child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependant child or grandchild of any age
• Dependant parent or grandparent
European Union Law does not have strict limitation on defining relationships between people. However, most can still apply, it will just require additional documentation.

For EEA Residence Card you will have to provide:
• A valid passport
• Evidence of your relationship to the European national
• Proof that you are living together
• Proof the European national is working, self-employed, student or self-sufficient
It is expected for your European sponsor to hold a Qualified Person certificate or a Permanent Residence document. Furthermore, while this is not a legal requirement it will help to improve the chances for a successful application.
Likewise, for those Europeans who are Students or Self-sufficient they must have comprehensive sickness insurance.
Upon a successful application you will receive a 5 year visa.
However, this visa will allow you to work, study and live in the UK for 5 years. Moreover, at the end of the 5 year period you can apply for Permanent Residence (PR).

Other Eligible Routes
Retained Right of Residence
Additionally, you can also apply if you have used to be a family member, or extended family member, who was a permanent resident or qualified person. Although, you may be eligible for this if:
• Your marriage or civil partnership to the European national has ended by divorce, annulment or dissolution
• Your European national family member has died and you lived in the UK as their family member for at least one year before their death
• You are in education and you are the child of a European citizen (or their current or former spouse or civil partner) who has left the UK or died
• Your child has a retained right of residence because the are in education in the UK (and you have custody of them)

You will have to prove:

• That your family member, or extended family member was a permanent resident or qualified person at the time your family
• relationship ended
• Decree of absolute or Death Certificate
• You have been married to a European national for 3 years, you have lived together for at least 1 year and that the European national was active (worker, self-employed, student or self-sufficient) during the time of divorce

Surinder Singh Cases
You may be eligible to apply for a residence card using the ‘Surinder Singh’ route if you:
• Have been the family member of a British citizen
• Have lived with them in another EEA country where they have worker or were self-employed before returning to the UK
• Are able to show that your UK sponsor based their ‘centre of life’ in the EEA country in which you both were resident before returning to the UK
You can prove your UK sponsor genuinely moved to another EEA country with:
Proof of address, how long they have lived there and any other related information, e.g. if they rented a house.