Вид на жительство (ILR)

UK Settlement visa

• Indefinite Leave to Remain
• By Investment
• By Entrepreneurship
• For Workers
• Differences in similar type visas
• Settlement visa for spouses
• Settlement visa under long residence

How to settle in the UK

Settlement in the United Kingdom is called ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) or (Permanent Residence for EEA nationals). This type of document is granted to those individuals who have already shown a commitment to the UK on a temporary visa or visas.

After an individual has lived in the UK for a specific period of time they can apply for ILR which grants them the right to stay in the UK for as long as they wish, and apply for naturalisation.

Settlement Visa (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is an immigration status granted to an individual after a relevant time period has passed (depending on the circumstances it can be anywhere from 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 10 years)

A person who receives this documents will be free to reside, take up employment or study without any restrictions.
While applicants can spend up to 180 days outside the UK per year, it would be advisable to not spend more than 90 days as it may affect the chances of obtaining a British passport.

Settlement Visa by Investment
Investors need to invest at least £2 million in the UK to apply for settlement visa after 5 years. Moreover, it is possible to qualify for accelerated settlement visa after 2 years if you maintain an investment of £10 million or after 4 years if you maintain an investment of £5 million.
In order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the basis of an investment in the UK, you will need to show that:

• You have investment not less than £2 million of your capital in the UK by way of UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in an active and trading UK company
• You have maintained at least £2 million of your own funds, under your own control, in the UK
• Pass the Life in the UK test and an English language test
• Spend a maximum of 180 days outside the UK per year
• Have not spent more than 180 days per year outside the UK.

Settlement Visa by Entrepreneurship
If you have invested in a new or existing UK business and your investment has created at least 2 full-time jobs, you may apply for UK settlement visa after 5 years. Furthermore, you may be able to qualify for accelerated UK settlement visa after 3 years if you create 10 new jobs or your business receives at least £5 million in income from its activity.
In order to qualify on the basis of an investment in a new or existing business in the UK, you will need to show that you are:

• Registered as a business director or as self-employed within 6 months of either entering the UK as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur or being granted leave to remain as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur
• Invested at least £200 000 or £50 000 in a business or businesses in the UK
• Created at least two full time jobs that have existed for at least 12 months
• Successfully passed your “Life in the UK” test and an English language test

Settlement Visa for Workers
In order to qualify for leave to remain as a Tier 2 General migrant, you will need to show that you have:
• Spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK as a Tier 2 General migrant or in any combination of the relevant categories as set out in the Immigration rules
• NOT spent more than 180 days outside the UK per one year
• NOT in beach of UK immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded
• Still required for your current job
• Paid the appropriate salary to qualify (£35 000 per year)
• Demonstrated your knowledge in regards to the English language and life in the UK.

Differences in similar type visas:

• Sole representatives must still be working for the same company
• Your status as a sole Representative has not been terminated
• Your employer’s parent company is still based outside the UK

Settlement Visa for spouses
After spending 5 years in the UK as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, dependant or child of a British or European citizen, you may be eligible for UK settlement visa.
In order to qualify you will need to show that you have:
• Lived together with your partner in the UK or there is a good reason why you could not have done so
• Met the necessary English language requirement and passed the Life in the UK test

You will be adequately maintained, accommodated and cared for in the UK by your family member, without recourse to public funds
For adult dependants:
• You are the parent aged 18 or over, grandparent, brother or sister aged over 18 or over or son or daughter aged 18 years or over of a person who is in the UK
• Still require your long-term personal care
• You cannot receive the necessary care in your own country

Regarding children:

• Both parents have obtained UK settlement visa (or applying for) (if two parents live in UK)
• One parent has UK settlement visa, the other is applying (if two parents live in UK)
• One parent has ILR (if one parent lives in UK)
• The legal guardian, relative has ILR (if no parents live in the UK, will require strong evidence)
• Relationship to the parent or other relative
• They are under 18
• They are not married, in civil partnership or leading an independent life
• There is adequate accommodation and maintenance for the child, without relying on public funds

Settlement Visa under Long Residency

In order to qualify for UK settlement visa under the 10 year rule, you will have to show that:
• You have spent a period of at least 10 years residing in the UK continuously and lawfully
• There no public interest reason why it would be undesirable to grant you indefinite leave to remain
• There are no grounds for refusing your application
• You have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and about life in the UK
• You have not breached any UK immigration laws

Your residence must be unbroken. Although, the residence will be broken if you were:
• Absent from the UK for more than 18 months in total
• Removed or deported from the UK
• Left after being refused leave to enter or remain
• Showed clear intention not to return to the UK
• Sentenced to imprisonment
• Absent from the UK for more than 6 months at any one time
• Absent from the UK with no leave

If you are able to establish 10 years continuous lawful residence UKVI will consider if there are any public interest against your settlement visa. They will take into account:
• Age
• Strength of connections in the UK
• Personal history
• Domestic circumstances
• Compassionate circumstances
• Any representations submitted on your behalf
I worked with Manns Solutions for my businessperson visa application under Ankara Agreement. Our advisor at Manns, Mr. Pavlov and other workers was helpful and professional. He answered all of our questions in details and meticulously interested in every step of the visa application. They also continue to help us after our visa. I am so happy that I've chosen to work with Manns Solutions. I recommend them to anyone who is planning to apply Ankara Agreement Visa to the UK.

Neslihan Cafer

I submitted my visa to the Home Office twice and I received a refusal twice. After that, I applied to the company "Mann's Solutions" and had already received a visa with their help twice. I want to note their professionalism in the work. Separately, I want to thank Evgeny, for his help in obtaining visas. Thank you so much! I look forward to further cooperation.

Ayna Ovezova