Вид на жительство для граждан EEA

European Permanent Residence

Apply for an EEA Permanent Residence after living in the UK for 5 years.
• European Permanent Residence
• Other Eligible Routes
• Surinder Singh Cases

Apply for EEA Permanent Residence
EEA Permanent Residence can be applied by an EEA (European Economic Area) national or a family member of an EEA national. Furthermore, residence of 5 years in the UK is required.
During the 5-year period the applicant must exercise his treaty rights by:
• Worker
• Self-employment
• Studying
• Self-sufficient
As of November 2015, it became a requirement to receive this document before applying for British.

Your Route towards a British Passport

• Step 1-(Europeans*) EEA QP (Qualified Person)
• Step 2 -After 6 months EEA PR (Permanent Residence)
• Step 3- After 1 year British Passport
*non-European family members can also apply for Permanent Residence if they have lived in the UK for at least 5 years

European Permanent Residence
This type of document is for those who have lived in the UK for at least 5 years (it can be obtained by non-European family members as well).
To be eligible for this type of visa you must be:

• A Family Member of a European national
• Have lived in the UK for 5 years with no lengthy absences
• The European must have been employed, self-employed, student or self-sufficient
• You must have been employed, self-employed, student or self-sufficient
• You are married to the European or have proof of your relationship or family lineage
• Not have any unspent criminal convictions
EEA Permanent Residence does not have any specific maintenance or English language requirement.

Other eligible routes
Retained Right of Residence
You can also apply if you have used to be a family member, or extended family member, who was a EEA permanent resident or qualified person. Furthermore, you may be eligible for this if:
• Your marriage or civil partnership to the European national has ended by divorce, annulment or dissolution
• Your European national family member has died and you lived in the UK as their family member for at least one year before their death
• You are in education and you are the child of a European citizen (or their current or former spouse or civil partner) who has left the UK or died. However students must have health insurance.
• Your child has a retained right of residence because the are in education in the UK (and you have custody of them)
You will have to prove:

• That your family member, or extended family member was a EEA permanent resident or qualified person at the time your family relationship ended
• How the relationship ended (death certificate or decree absolute if you are divorced)
• You have been married to a European national for 3 years, you have lived together for at least 1 year and that the European national was active (worker, self-employed, student or self-sufficient) during the time of divorce

Surinder Singh Route
You may be eligible to apply for a residence card using the ‘Surinder Singh’ route if you:
• Have been the family member of a British citizen
• Have lived with them in another EEA country where they have worker or were self-employed before returning to the UK
• Are able to show that your UK sponsor based their ‘centre of life’ in the EEA country in which you both were resident before returning to the UK
You can prove your UK sponsor genuinely moved to another EEA country with:
Proof of address, how long they have lived there and any other related information, e.g. if they rented a house.
Apply for British Citizenship after 12 months of receiving EEA Permanent Residence.